OCH MoT SHOP: Books and Magazines
Updated: May 10, 2022
What should be in a book section? Who should it serve? Locals, tourists or both? What have I missed in the ideas below?
* A $10 souvenir photobook of Old City Hall as well-designed as Ontario Heritage Trust's guide to the Elgin and Winter Garden Theatres.
* Toronto History Section:
* See: Toronto History Museum Shop https://cityoftoronto.myshopify.com/collections/books
* See: Spacing Magazine's lively history books https://spacingstore.ca/collections/spacing-books
* SPECIAL DISPLAY: Michael Bliss's "The Discovery of Insulin" because of the huge number of citizens and visitors whose lives have been saved by Banting and Best -- and their decision to share their discovery free with the world.
* Toronto Book Award Winners Section: https://www.toronto.ca/city-government/awards-tributes/awards/toronto-book-awards/toronto-book-garden/
* International bestsellers by Toronto Authors from Margaret Atwood to Margaret MacMillan.
* Toronto-set Mysteries and Novels Section:
* "Old City Hall" (of course!) and other books by Robert Rotenberg
* "Murdoch Mystery" and "Paradise Cafe Mystery" series by Maureen Jennings
* "Jonah Geller" series by Howard Shrier
* Toronto-set Graphic Novels:
* SPECIAL DISPLAY: "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World"
* Toronto Magazines:
* "Toronto Life", "Spacing" and possibly FREE publications like "NOW"?
* MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!